If headaches are your constant companions in Lafayette, Delphi, Brookston, Rothville, or Fowler IN, let Dr. Roger Lysiak help you achieve natural headache relief.
Chiropractic Care for Headaches
Headaches are such a common occurrence that most people don’t pay too much attention to them. They take a couple of pain relievers and try to make it through their day. However, it’s important to understand that pain is the body’s way of alerting you to an issue. It’s not normal – it’s a sign you shouldn’t ignore.
It’s true that most headaches aren’t indicative of something life-threatening, but ignoring them means that whatever is wrong will continue to be wrong. And that can lead to a lifetime of suffering. In this guide, Dr. Lysiak – your chiropractor in Lafayette, IN, shares how chiropractic care can provide lasting headache relief.
Where Do Headaches Come From?
Sometimes, headaches are triggered by environmental factors, foods you eat, and similar things. However, these tend to go away within a few days. If you have constant headaches, though, they are likely due to one – or a combination of – the following issues:
- Tension in the neck, shoulders, or upper back
- Misalignment or injury in the neck or back
- Poor posture
- Injuries like whiplash
- Poor sleep habits
- Leaning over to look at your phone or other device
- Nerve compression
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
Chiropractors can help you not only feel relief now but maintain that relief. It begins with determining the root cause of your pain and developing a plan to address it. Treatment can include the following and more:
- Adjustments and manipulation to restore alignment to the neck and spine and relieve nerve compression
- Soft tissue therapies, such as cold laser therapy and chiropractic massage, to relieve tension in the neck, back, and shoulders
- Therapeutic exercises that stretch and strengthen the neck, shoulders, and upper back
- Lifestyle and nutrition guidance that empowers you in your daily journey to enhance and maintain headache relief
Such combinations get to the root of the issue, relieve the symptoms of that root, and help you prevent it from occurring again. Additionally, as chiropractic care is such a holistic method, you'll experience improved overall health and wellness.
If you’d like to experience lasting headache relief in Lafayette, Delphi, Brookston, Rothville, and Fowler, IN, call (765) 449-4888 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lysiak today.